Alexis Love, LMFT-Associate Supervised by Alison Bailey LMFT-S
(LMFT-S) Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor, (EMDR) Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, (SAP) Substance Abuse Professional, (CCTP) Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
Hi, I'm Alexis Love
I am a wife and mother of two amazing girls and I am the oldest of four children, all of which have contributed to my passion for encouraging, caring for, and supporting others. I grew up in a military town, which taught me to love and respect people of all races and backgrounds. We are all human and we all could use more grace and understanding. It does not matter what we have gone through or done. I want everyone that I meet to feel that. My passion has always been to help people, but now I want to help people heal and learn to be the best version of themselves.
"Together, we will work on helping you untangle your life for the better!"
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy Associate (LMFT-Associate) and I have been working in the mental health field for 6 years, with 2 years being a therapist. I have spent my life dedicating my time to helping people, but helping find healing is the best way yet. I love to help people find their joy and their freedom by exploring the depths of their minds and heart.
Self-improvement is a journey, and just being here right now means that you have taken the first step, so congratulations and welcome. We all have a story, and some parts we want to forget. The only problem is that facing the hard parts can make us a much better version of ourselves, which is my main focus. I like to get to the root of an issue by exploring the things that shaped and taught a person how to handle it. On the other side of those things that seem so small, so unimportant, is unimaginable healing and peace. If you'll let me, I would love to have the privilege of seeing you through that journey.
To Schedule an Appointment with Alison, call 817-968-1905.
In my practice I utilize a number of different treatment techniques depending upon the client's needs and situation. Roll your mouse over this text and read more about it.
How We Help People
In my practice, I use different treatment modalities, including
(but not limited to),
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT),
- Client-Centered Therapy,
- Family Systems,
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT).
My Education and Training
A brief overview of my educational background can be found here.
School and Other Certifications
- M.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Phoenix (2007-2009) San Diego, CA
- Domestic Violence Group Facilitator (2012)
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) (2015)
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) (2016)
- Restorative Practices (2017)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing I (EMDR trained) (2018)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Provider (CCTP) (2020)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing II (EMDR certified) (2022)
- Qualified DOT Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) (2022)